How to choose the most suitable earrings for your baby
A fairly common decision among the parents of a newborn, especially if it is a girl, is to put your baby on earrings. And although there are parents who prefer to wait until their daughter is older and can decide for herself, there are many who are inclined to put small earrings to her baby within a few days, or even within a few hours, of being born.
In fact, children’s earrings are often one of the most classic and recurring details when it comes to giving a gift to new parents. Because, whatever it is and, of course, put them anytime you want, there is one thing that is clear: the girls are beautiful with their earrings! Therefore, a newborn earring will be a special memory that can be preserved throughout life.
Once the decision is made, parents have different options when choosing where to place the earrings for their baby. There are many hospitals that already offer this service even before mother and daughter are discharged. If not, you can always choose to give yourself some time and, once you have spent the first (and intense) days or weeks with the little one at home, choose quietly among other alternatives. There are many pharmacies where perform this practice. If you choose this option, always demand that the person who does it is the pharmacist or a technician prepared to perform this type of “intervention”. Finally, and most recommended,
The best earrings for your baby
Once you have decided, it is necessary to take into account a series of advice, if you are thinking of buying a pair of earrings for your newborn, are of paramount importance:
- Although often we allow ourselves to go for the temptation of praising us for motives or children’s drawings with which we imagine that our baby will be ideal, the first thing we should look for is that, above all, the earrings are safe and adapted for a newborn. For this reason, we must opt for models of earrings for baby that do not have hanging elements, as these can be a danger of tearing (by hooking the baby’s own clothes or even the person holding him in his arms). And do not worry about the design, there are many beautiful and super original children’s models that are also designed to meet all safety guarantees, which is the most important thing after all.
- Another aspect that we must take into account is the type of hitch, especially the rear screw of the earring. To find the ideal model, we must try to make it a flat or blunt screw that avoids the risk of the little one is rubbing or locking the skin on the neck or face while alone or asleep.
- In addition, to avoid allergies, the material should be hypoallergenic. Chooses whenever you could dependent on 18 carats gold or, in default, of silver, since these materials diminish in a high percentage the risk of undergoing allergic reactions.
- Finally, another important detail that we must consider is the size of the earring and the thickness of the filament that is introduced inside the ear. Before buying any newborn earrings we must take into account their morphology and try to choose a piece according to their size and age.
Once the earrings have been laid, essential care
- Avoid any infection by keeping your little girl’s earrings always clean. You can consult your pediatrician to opt for more safe and appropriate measures when cleaning your baby’s ear.
- Keep the shape of the hole by gently rotating the earrings, and sliding them back and forth, a couple of times a day. Also, always make sure the earring is not too tight. Consult your pediatrician or pediatric nurse when it is time to remove the earrings after the piercing (because if you go too far, the hole could be closed).
- Finally, constantly check the area around the earring. Do not forget that a baby is constantly touching itself and if the area has recently been punctured it can run the risk of becoming infected.
And if you have any other doubts do not think twice, consult with your pediatrician or a specialist anything that disturbs you about placing earrings to your baby. He is the one who knows best to your newborn.